Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Try this one on for size....I got suspended for following my bosses bosses bosses guidance for a project.  No one asked my opinion, no one talked to the witnesses.  Senior management blindly backed my boss's statements without question.  He claimed I was insubordinate because I would not follow his direction over the senior managers direction.  This was last July.   Now move forward to now, March.  An outside sales person signs a contract with a customer without talking with corporate.  The account is worth approximately $180K in yearly sales.  By signing the contract he placed the company in a position that exposes them unnecessarily.  He falls in the "young white male" catagory.  He is not going to be suspended.  What I did didn't put the company at risk for anything.  How is this fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers